World Book Day
We inspire children to love all things books and reading every single day of the year. At Stanton, we see World Book Day as a birthday for books; a day to celebrate how wonderful books really are!
World Book Day is a big event at Stanton and the children love to get involved in the exciting activities we create.
Over the past few years we have enjoyed:
- Booky Breakfast serving Potter Pancakes with Golden Ticket syrup, Paddington Orange Marmalade Scones and Alice in Wonderland 'Drink Me' fruit smoothies
- Staff performances- 'Who Snapped Red Crayon?' and a retelling of 'Supertato'
- Book Doors Trail- every door was transformed into a book!
- Who's Coming for Dinner?- guessing the dinner guests from the clues on the table
- Potato Book Characters
- Reading Rocks
- Dressing up as our favourite book characters
- Dressing up as a word
- The Masked Reader- Can you guess which member of staff is behind the mask sharing their book recommendation?
- Virtual Word Book Day Scavenger Hunt
- Ask an Author
- Share a story- children across the school sharing a book together
- Reading in unusual places
- And lots more!