Please find a copy of your child's Home Learning Mat for this term below. Information regarding how many activities should be completed this term can be found at the top of the mat. Your child shall share their home learning in class during the last week of term.
In addition to this (all year groups);
- Listen to your child read for at least 10 minutes every day and record a brief record of this in their red Reading Diary. Ask you child questions about what they have read to ensure they have understood their reading. Re-read the same book throughout the week until your child can read it fluently (without overly sounding out words). This is hugely valuable to your child's confidence and development as a young reader.
- Handwriting and letter formation practice.
- Reading and spelling the 'First 100 Words' and then the 'Next 200 Words' (mats have been sent home but are also readily available online).
- Core maths skills; number bonds to 10, counting to 100, writing numbers to 20, sharing groups of objects equally, half and double a number to 20.
- Sound tags
Year 1/Year 2:
- Core maths skills; number bonds to 10 and 20, counting in 2's, 5's and 10's (timetables recall), mental addition and subtraction, written methods for addition and subtraction, sharing equally, doubling and halving to 100, writing numbers to 100.
Should you have any questions about how you can support your child at home, please pop in and see us at a suitable time or make an appointment through the office.