Stanton St QuintinPrimary School

Discovering Together


What is The Local Offer?

  • As part of the Children and Families Bill 2014, all schools are required to make available their local SEND offer to families. This details how they can support children and young people with a special educational need and/or disability (SEND).  Please find a link to Wiltshire's Local Offer here.
  • A child or young person has SEN if they have a learning difficulty or disability which calls for special educational provision to be made for him or her.

Definition of SEND

The term 'special educational needs’ has a legal definition, referring to children who have learning difficulties or disabilities that make it harder for them to learn than most children of the same age. Many children will have special needs of some kind at some time during their education.

Help will usually be provided in their ordinary school, sometimes with the help of specialists.

If your child has special educational needs, they may need extra help in a range of areas, for example:

  • schoolwork
  • reading, writing, number work or understanding information
  • expressing themselves or understanding what others are saying
  • making friends or relating to adults
  • behaving properly in school
  • organising themselves
  • some kind of sensory or physical needs which may affect them in school
You can read the full report in the attachment below.