Word of the Week 22/6/20 (Amazon)
Will you find this word in your learning this week?
Well done to Elliot for your winning sentence. I like how you added extra information to your sentence using a conjunction, yet didn't overload the sentence by making it too long. Well done! Look out for your certificate in the post.
Use the list of activities below to learn our new word. Maybe an adult could do the activities with you, or why don’t you become the teacher and use the activities to teach everyone else in your household?
Certificates for our weekly winners shall be sent in the post to those not at school. Happy word learning!
PLEASE USE FIRST NAMES ONLY IN THE COMMENTS SECTION.
DEFINITION: not showing respect or being rude.
MY SENTENCE: The impertinence of the question being asked took everyone by surprise.
WORD LEARNING ACTIVITIES
- Break the word into its syllables.
- Do you know what this word means?
- Read the definition above.
- Can you think of synonyms for this word (words with a similar meaning)?
- Can you think of antonyms for this word (words with the opposite meaning)?
- Can you use this word in other forms? (can you add a prefix or suffix to this word?)
- Can you think of any words that rhyme with this word?
- Use this word in a sentence. Who had the best sentence in your family?
- Draw a picture of this word.
- Say this word in different voices- queen’s voice, whisper, shout, sing, low, high, robot, Scooby-Doo, Donald Duck, teacher voice or make up your own!
- Use this word correctly as many times as you can this week- how about competing with your family and keeping a tally?